Step 2: What Transfers?

Linked here is a list of Virginia Community College (Germanna, NVCC, etc.) courses that will transfer

As a general rule, transfer credit is granted for courses of the same type (liberal arts and sciences), on the same level, and taught under the same general guidelines as University of Mary Washington courses. The credit must not overlap work the student takes at the University of Mary Washington, and a grade of at least “C” (2.0) must have been earned.

Transfer credit and grades are recorded on a student’s permanent record at the University of Mary Washington. However, grades earned in transfer work are not calculated in a student’s cumulative grade point average and do not affect this average in any way.

You may study at ANY 2-year or 4-year college or university that is accredited. The University does not have a preference for any school. So, you may study at local community college or university in your hometown.

Continue to Step 3 >>