Do you have a volunteer project you would like to recruit students for? Do you have a passion for service? COAR is always looking for dedicated students who are interested in supporting community engagement! COAR Council leaders are the students that keep our weekly volunteer programs running successfully.
COAR Council leaders have the following responsibilities:
- They work with their community partners to set up volunteer opportunities for students.
- They publicize the volunteer experience and recruit other students.
- The become van certified so they can drive students to the volunteer site.
- They attend COARiantation in the fall, 1 office hour per week in the COAR office during the semester, and monthly COAR Council meetings.
- They support COAR’s campus-wide programs such as Into the Streets, Gift Box Wrapping Party, Pumpkinpalooza, Variety Show, Good Neighbor Day, and Spring Forward.
Visit the COAR Council page to meet current COAR Council leaders. Interested in starting your own COAR volunteer program and becoming a COAR Council leader? Fill out the form below.