Do you have a volunteer project you would like to recruit students for? Do you have a passion for service? COAR is always looking for dedicated students who are interested in supporting community engagement! COAR Council leaders are the students that keep our weekly volunteer programs running successfully.
COAR Council leaders have the following responsibilities:
- They work with their community partners to set up volunteer opportunities for students.
- They publicize the volunteer experience on social media and recruit other students.
- They become van certified so they can drive students to the volunteer site.
- They attend COARientation in the fall, 1 office hour per week in the COAR office during the semester, and monthly COAR Council meetings.
- They support COAR’s six annual campus-wide programs:
- Into the Streets
- Pumpkin Palooza
- Head Start Gift Box Drive
- Variety Show
- Good Neighbor Day
- Spring Forward Festival
Visit the COAR Council page to meet current COAR Council leaders. Want to be a COAR Council leader? Stop by our office in Suite 320 of the University Center or send us an email at email@example.com. We would be more than happy to talk to you about open positions!
Interested in starting your own COAR volunteer program? Fill out the form below.
Propose a new COAR Council Volunteer ProgramDo you have a volunteer project you would like to recruit students for? Do you have a passion for service? Use this form to share your ideas with us.