We are looking for UMW students who are knowledgeable and able to help fellow students develop successful academic skills in both individual and group settings.
- Provide one-on-one student consultations to assist with developing, refining, and maintaining students’ academic study skills (note-taking, time management, effective study techniques, goal setting, test-taking, motivation, managing test anxiety, etc)
- Create & deliver presentations on academic skills and strategies to various campus outlets (student organizations, FSEMs, residence halls,)
- Represent Academic Services at on-campus events
- Help inform and educate students on our programs and services using different marketing outlets
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative UMW GPA
- Students in all majors are welcome to apply
- Rising sophomores and juniors are encouraged to apply
- Strong interpersonal skills, well-organized, creative, problem solving, takes initiative.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent academic study habits
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and differing support needs.
$8.00/hr salary; 6-10 hours per week