Are you passionate about helping people?
We are looking for UMW students who are knowledgeable and able to help fellow students develop successful academic skills in both individual and group settings.
- Provide one-on-one student consultations to assist with developing, refining, and maintaining students’ academic study skills (note-taking, time management, effective study techniques, goal setting, test-taking, motivation, managing test anxiety, etc)
- Create & deliver workshops on academic skills and strategies to various campus outlets (student organizations, FSEMs, residence halls,)
- Represent Academic Services at on-campus events
- Help inform and educate students on our programs and services using different marketing outlets (social media, Canva, tabling, class visits, etc)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative UMW GPA
- Students in all majors are welcome to apply
- Rising sophomores and juniors are encouraged to apply
- Strong interpersonal skills, well-organized, creative, problem solving, takes initiative.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent academic study habits
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and differing support needs.
$12.00/hr salary; 6-10 hours per week
Application Deadline: Saturday, April 8th
To apply, please complete:
- Application Form below
- Cover Letter
- PAC Faculty/Staff Recommendation – Academic Services (umw.edu) (Please share this form with a faculty/staff member on campus who will serve as a reference.)
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Cirbus at email@example.com