At this time, the Office of Academic Services is open to serve UMW students and the campus community. While we anticipate that our services will remain normal, there may be a delayed response time to inquiries and/or appointment availability.
Please note the following operational changes that are being implemented in order to maintain a safe environment for staff and students.
- Phone or virtual advising appointments are recommended during this time. In some cases, a phone meeting may be required.
- If an in-person meeting is held, we are limiting the meeting to one student and one advisor in order to reduce the number of individuals in the office.
- Students may continue to schedule appointments by calling 540-654-1010 or by responding to an advising campaign email.
Students who are assigned to a faculty advisor should contact their advisor for all academic advising needs related to registration, major, academic warning, and probation advising. Faculty advisors are available via email.
- While we will continue to accept request forms in person at this time, we prefer that students scan and email request forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A staff member will confirm receipt of the email inquiry/request within two business days; however, it may take longer or the office to render a formal decision on some requests. We will make a strong effort to keep the return time minimal.
- If you need to obtain any signatures for the form (aside from an Academic Services signature), please ask the faculty member or advisor to email email@example.com with their approval. They should note your name and request information so that we can pair the email approval with your signature form. Please call 540-654-1010 with any questions.
Peer Academic Consulting & Peer Tutoring:
- Peer Academic Consultants (PACs) are currently holding virtual meetings. You may schedule a PAC appointment by clicking here. Please look for an email from the PAC prior to the appointment with virtual meeting information. You will be able to join the meeting via a webcam or by calling in on your phone, if you do not have a computer or WiFi available.
- Peer Tutoring is now being offered virtually, by appointment. Please click here to schedule your 30-minute meeting.
- The Office of Academic Services will continue to be open between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday; however, we anticipate that staff may need to take time away if they are sick or they need to care for family members. Please be advised that appointments may need to be rescheduled for a later date if an advisor is not available to meet – we will make every effort to communicate schedule changes in advance.
We are here to support you during this time of largely virtual learning. As more information becomes available, we will communicate updates via this website.
Phi Eta Sigma, National Honor Society
Spring 2019 Induction Ceremony
Phi Eta Sigma is the oldest and largest honor society devoted to the achievement of first-year college students. The Phi Eta Sigma chapter at UMW creates an opportunity for recognition of promising scholars as well as opportunities for student leadership and scholarships within the organization.