Preparation Outline Checklist
1. Does my speech have a title, if one is required?
2. Do I state the specific purpose before the text of the outline itself?
3. Do I state the central idea before the text of the outline itself?
4. Are the introduction, body, and conclusion clearly labeled?
5. Are main points and subpoints written in full sentences?
6. Are transitions, internal summaries, and internal previews clearly labeled?
7. Does the outline follow a consistent pattern of symbolization and indentation?
8. Does the outline provide a clear visual framework that shows the relationships among the ideas of my speech?
9. Does the bibliography identify all the sources I consulted in preparing the speech?
10. Does the bibliography follow the format required by my instructor?