The Office of Disability Resources (ODR) provides accessible text to students with documented print and mobility related disabilities.
ODR works with third party services and directly with the publishing companies to provide students with an accessible format, as needed. However, text is not always available through these services or the publishers. If this should happen, ODR, uses a high speed scanner to convert the students hard copy text into digital formats (with student permission). Formats include, but are not limited to:
- Digitally formatted text books (Word document, text, PDF, Rich Text File, or Bookshare DAISY)
- Digitally formatted course handouts
- Large print handouts
- Electronic reserve materials converted to accessible e-text
Student Responsibilities of Accessible Text as an Accommodation
- Complete the Accessible Text Agreement Form.
- Verify that the text in which you are requesting is not available through E-book/Accessible digital file.
- Complete an Accessible Text Request Form for each individual book, recommended four weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Provide purchase receipts for requested material.
- Notify Disability Resources of any changes in class schedule or course syllabus, which affect book requests immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
**Students should contact the Bookstore Manager or their instructors as soon as they are registered for classes in order to determine the texts they will need.**