New and/or Current students:
1) Complete the Disability Registration Form
- Return it to The Office of Disability Resources, University of Mary Washington, 1301 College Ave, Lee Hall, Room 401, Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Email: ODR@UMW.EDU
2) Provide Disability Documentation (see full list under Documentation Guidelines)
- Documentation must meet UMW documentation guidelines
- You may also include any records of accommodations/services provided to you in the previous academic settings (e.g., IEP, SOP, Section 504 Plans, or letters from other post secondary institutions).
3) Intake appointment
- Once we have received your documentation it will be reviewed.
- Please note: During busy weeks in the summer or beginning of academic terms, please allow up to 4 weeks for the review process.
- We will contact you through your UMW e-mail when the review is completed.
- If documentation is complete, we will ask you to call to set up an appointment with the director. At the intake appointment we will discuss the accommodations and services that are available to you and answer any questions you may have.
- If documentation is not complete, we will provide you with the information on what is needed. It is the student’s responsibility to contact the medical professional and obtain additional information if needed.
4) Request accommodations every semester
- After your initial intake appointment, you will need to request accommodations through the Disability Resources Office at the beginning of every semester. This can be done in person or on-line.