The assessment unit of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness focuses primarily on promoting the culture of continuous assessment in the University. The unit is committed to improving undergraduate and graduate student learning and development by supporting assessment processes in both academic and non-academic units. Our goals are:
- To be an assessment resource to the University community by providing training to faculty and staff on assessment design and implementation strategies
- To maintain a system of tracking and monitoring assessment and accreditation activities
- To conduct surveys and focus group research, and make the results accessible to end users
- To provide support for academic program review.
- To promote best practices in assessment and the use of assessment information for improved decision-making
- To provide other assessment needs as identified by staff and faculty in the university
Assessment activities at the University of Mary Washington are guided by the Institutional Effectiveness Policy which describes the procedures for conducting assessment and institutional effectiveness activities in the University. In the policy is the Institutional Effectiveness Cycle that specifies actions to be taken by all assessment units on campus to effectively document assessment and institutional effectiveness activities throughout the assessment year.
Click here for the Assessment Calendar 2020-21.
To learn more about assessment at the University of Mary Washington, contact us at:
Office of Institutional Analysis and Effectiveness
George Washington Hall, Room 312