The Division of Teaching and Learning Technologies is a group of creative, reflective educators and technologists who foster community around and drive advances in teaching, learning, and research, by developing pedagogical partnerships with faculty and academic units.
The team is deeply engaged with colleagues and organizations throughout the world, working to explore new ideas and to provoke new conversations here at University of Mary Washington.
- DTLT facilitates discussion of how and why educational technology is implemented at UMW, helping drive thinking about the future of education and the digital liberal arts and sciences.
- We collaborate with faculty to explore new and experimental pedagogical approaches, using platforms that include Domain of One’s Own, Canvas, and more.
- We help develop expertise integrating digital pedagogies in curriculum for teaching, learning, and assessment.
- We re-imagine where learning happens for both traditional and non-traditional students, working in DTLT’s Incubator Classroom to realize the potential of active learning spaces.
- We provide leadership in sustainable and ethical approaches to online and hybrid learning at UMW.
- We encourage and support digital collaboration between faculty at the institution, as well with other faculty in the state, across the country, and around the world.
- We manage various new media resources, audio/video production studios, and work with faculty to create rich transmedia learning experiences.
To start working with DTLT contact us to set up an initial consultation. The focus of the consultation will be to discuss pedagogical goals and the possible tools that could be used to meet those goals.