Determine how you will communicate with students and share those platforms and processes early
- Where can students message you?
- When and how will you hold office hours?
- How quickly can students expect a response back from you?
- How and when will you communicate each week’s expectations?
- Where will course revisions and adjustments be shared?
- How will you contact students if you become ill or there is an emergency?
Create and use a consistent weekly organizational structure
- Organization Model #1: Create weekly Canvas modules. At minimum, you can include an introduction page, content/resource page, and assignment page. Watch the CfT Canvas Modules tour to see how one faculty member uses a Modules organizational structure.
- Organization Model #2: Create weekly Canvas pages. The Pages setup easily contains the same features as recommended with modules. Watch the CfT Canvas Pages tour to learn how a faculty member designs with a Pages structure.
- Open weekly modules or pages at the same day and time each week (e.g. Sunday at 6:00 p.m.)
- A weekly ‘To-Do’ section summarizing expectations with time estimates for each task helps students organize and plan ahead.