Record a short (2-3 minute) introduction video at the beginning of each week
- Use your video to welcome students back, introduce that week’s topic, and share your enthusiasm for what is ahead.
- These short videos help humanize the learning experience and articulate relevance. Don’t forget to include captioning!
Provide a weekly summary to give weave together content and preview the week ahead
- A weekly summary can be a short screencast (no more than 5 minutes) or written announcement that includes:
- Positive observations about student work the past week
- Clarification of lingering questions
- A ‘tying together’ of ideas and concepts to prior weeks
- A preview of the week ahead
- In a smaller class, individual students can be asked to post a weekly summary synthesizing that week’s topic and what they are looking forward to learning about the next week.