University Curriculum Committee Minutes
October 11, 2017
Hurley Convergence Center 310
The meeting began at 3:05pm. Present were the following:
John Morello, Rita Dunston, Lance Gentry, Patricia Reynolds(Replacing Jane Huffman), Dianne Baker and Jackie Gallagher.
Download PDF copy of the minutes.
The minutes from previous meeting in September were approved.
Since we ran out if time at the previous meeting the Associate Provost brought forward three items he had on his agenda regarding the proposal form and the catalog changes that will be this fall.
- New Course proposal form was voted upon and approved unanimously. The new form highlights the proposed enrollment for any new course and clearly defines when the new course may be offered in the following year after the approval process. These changes were necessary to ensure that an anticipated enrollment was carefully considered prior to submitting the new course.
- The Registrar will generate a list of courses that have not been taught in the past 5 years. The list will then be shared with the departments who will be asked to reply. The last time this was done in 2014 there were 94 classes on the list, 84 were deleted and 12 classes were retained. The Curriculum Chairs of the colleges will inform their department chairs to respond to this list directly to the Associate Provost if they want the course retained in the catalog.
- The BSN program has withdrawn their current proposals under consideration and will respond at a later date with a new program proposal.
Review new proposals (non-expedited)
- BUAD 360 (The Cooperative Business Model) Though the rationale was not descriptive enough this was easily remedied.
- ACCT 499 (internship in accounting) Passed. Changes will now be required to the major and minor and they will be brought forward for COB.
- MBA degree change (eliminate concentrations) Passed.
- IDIS 483 (Peer Mentorship) This proposal was taken under advisement and Lance Gentry will discuss this with Anand Rao. This was not returned to CAS as it was felt that the clarifications could be handled by the UCC.
- ARTH 356 (Global Modernisms in East Asian Art) Passed.
- RELG 208 (Christianity After the New Testament) Passed.
- RELG 302 (Virgins, Monks, and Hermits) Passed.
- RELG 309 (Death and Dying in Early Christianity) Passed.
- ARTH 118 (History of Asian Art) Passed.
Expedited proposals were noted (no review was needed)
- RELG 301 (Jesus in Gospel and Film) deletion
- RELG 306 (The World of Early Christianity) deletion
- RELG 308 (Gnostic Religions in Late Antiquity) deletion
- ARTH 260 and 270 – change (eliminate) prerequisite
- ARTH 305, 310, 311, 325, 326 – change (eliminate) prerequisite
- ARTH 317 (Laboratory in Museum Studies) – update description
- ARTH 330, 331, 332, 340, 341, 350, 351, 352, 354, 355 – change (eliminate) prerequisite
- ARTH 360 – change (eliminate) prerequisite
No other business was noted and the meeting adjourned at 5:10 pm.