Are You Voting Early or on Election Day?
There are actually three ways to cast your ballot this fall:
- EARLY, IN PERSON: Voting early, in person, at your local Voting Registrar’s office or Voting Center.
- ABSENTEE BY MAIL: Voting early, by mail, by applying for an “Absentee by Mail” ballot.
- IN PERSON ON ELECTION DAY: Voting in person on Election Day on November 3rd, 2020.
Steps to get Ready to Vote in Person
- Check your registration status before heading to the polls (you can use the QR code to do this).
- Make sure you know your residence address.
- Make sure you have a valid form of ID for voting, preferably a photo ID like a VA driver’s license or school ID.
- Know your polling location.