Voting Early By Mail
This year, you can vote early using an”Absentee by Mail” ballot.
If you filled out an application to vote “Absentee by Mail” by October 23, your ballot will be sent to you (the last day to apply for an “Absentee by Mail” ballot was Friday, October 23rd.)
Once you fill out your ballot, you can then mail back your ballot or drop it off at a dropbox.
The process is outlined in a video starring UMW President Paino.
When you apply to vote absentee by mail, you will receive an envelope full of envelopes:
- Envelope “A” containing a ballot
- Envelope “B” : you put your completed ballot in here
- An envelope to put Envelope “B” in so you call mail it to the Registrar
When filling out Envelope B, remember:
- Make sure you put your full name on Envelope “B”
- Make sure you put the correct Residence Address on envelope “B” (Your residence address is where you are registered to vote).
- Make sure you sign envelope “B” and put a date.
- A witness is not required for this election, but you can have someone sign it if you want.