…a few more links for exploring virtual volunteering opportunities
There are several online lists of virtual volunteering ideas:
- Building Impact website
- VolunteerMatch (this one allows you to screen for virtual volunteering).
- STEPS: Student Training and Education in Public Service
- ENGin: ENGin is looking for volunteers to serve as speaking buddies for international students. This is a flexible and unique opportunity to make a difference without leaving your room. Here’s how it works: they pair you up with a Ukrainian student to video chat each week at times that are convenient for you. They match students and volunteers based on age, gender preference, and schedules. All of the students have some knowledge of English and you will be provided with training and suggested session activities. Your speaking sessions can be 30-60 minutes long. To apply, please fill out this short form. They will reach out to you to schedule a 15-minute video call to provide more details about volunteering with ENGin and answer any questions. You can learn more about ENGin at www.enginprogram.org.
- Free Minds Book Club: Leave poetry feedback on the Free Minds Book Club blog for youth incarcerated as adults who are participating in book and writing clubs.
- Watch this video to learn more about how to comment (this one is about hosting your own event, but it gives you an idea of what kinds of feedback to provide and how to be a virtual volunteer)
- By the People: The “By the People!” program lets you choose what historical papers to transcribe and you don’t need any experience to do it.