Apply to Join Our Team!
COVID-19 Update: In the fall of 2020, we will not be having interns. Check back with us next semester to see if we will have internship positions available!
Each semester, COAR offers 2-4 internships. The COAR internship allows students to gain an inside look into the planning and execution of COAR events. Interns will learn about communication, marketing, event planning, project management, community outreach, and team building. Interns are trained in software programs such as Canva, myUMW (Presence), and Doodle Polls. After the internship experience, students are eligible to apply for a COAR staff position.
Applications for becoming a COAR interns are opened each semester. Contact COARUMW@gmail.com to find out when the next application for internships will be available.
Responsibilities of the Intern Include:
- Attendance and participation in every COAR campus-wide annual event. Interns are expected to help with set-up, the actual event, and clean-up.
- Attendance at weekly intern meetings (required).
- Spend at least 2-4 hours per week in the COAR Office.
- Attend 3 different weekly programs and learn more about what they offer.
- Maintain an accurate log of office hours and internship activities in the Internship Binder.
- Complete all internship duties in a professional manner.
Interns are expected to communicate effectively and regularly with COAR staff and notify the Intern Mentor or the Student Director of any deviations (absences) from the established office hour schedule.