Peer Academic Consulting
Peer Academic Consultants (PACs) are student leaders, within Academic Services, who are passionate about helping peers develop the academic skills necessary to become successful students. PACs offer study skills support to undergraduate students through one-on-one meetings. Students will work with a Peer Academic Consultant to develop not only effective study habits but also strong time management and organizational skills to help achieve academic and personal success. PACs are available via appointments.
PACs can discuss a variety of academic success topics, such as:
- Understanding Your Syllabus
- Note-Taking & Textbook Reading Strategies
- Communicating with Faculty
- Study Strategies & Techniques
- Time Management
- Setting Goals
Please bring these items according to your appointment
- Time Management: syllabi, planner, laptop
- Textbook Reading: textbook, planner, notes/notebook
- Note-Taking: notes, syllabi, planner, textbook
- Test-Prep: Study guides (if available), notes, textbook, planner
- Come with questions or topics you would like to discuss
Meet our PACs
Peer Academic Consultants
Hi, my name is Sarah Patterson. I am currently a Senior majoring in Spanish and also in the Elementary Education Program. I like to play and listen to music, and love to travel. I come from a family of five and have three dogs.
Hi! My name is Megan Childs and I’m a Sophomore majoring in English: Creative Writing. In my free time you can find me consuming cheesy romance media at an unusually rapid speed while eating pickles with peanut butter (seriously, try it).