Are you concerned with academic integrity in the classroom? Are you thinking about ways to deter plagiarism, improve your writing assignments, and share your vision of academic integrity with your students, all while reducing your workload?
If any of these resonate with you consider attending “Cheating is Not OK; Fostering Integrity in the Classroom”
The Writing Center, Center for Teaching Excellence & Innovation and the Center for Honor, Leadership, & Service are presenting a workshop designed to do the following:
· Provide a forum to discuss academic integrity in theory and in practice
· Provide strategies for discussing academic integrity with our students
· Provide strategies for deterring plagiarism (and cheating) using classroom and assignment design techniques
· Provide opportunities for faculty to share ideas and strategies
· Offer the opportunity to discuss ways we can improve the integrity culture campus-wide
· Spend some quality time with like-minded colleagues from all across campus
The workshop will take place on Wednesday January 16th from 11am – 1pm in Lee Hall 412. Pizza and drinks will be provided. Please plan to join us for as much of the workshop as you can. RSVP here before 1/11 to help us with the pizza order. Hope to see you there.
Gwen, Mary, and David