To be a tutor you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have taken the course for which you’d like to tutor at UMW and received a B or better
- You must have at least a 3.0 UMW G.P.A.
- You must be willing to work Sunday and/or Wednesday evening from 6-8 p.m.
- You must be willing to work with students on an individual basis
- You must have a UMW faculty member (who has taught you in the field in which you would like to tutor) submit a Recommendation Form on your behalf
Tutors are paid $7.80 per hour for their services for the first year. Tutors work on an on-call basis from week to week.
If you are interested in tutoring other students, and would like to fill out an application online, please fill-out the Tutor Application Form below. Completing an application does not guarantee employment.
If you are interested in tutoring other students for this academic year, and would prefer to print out and fill in an application by hand, click here for the Printable Tutor Application Form.