The Office of Academic and Career Services provides information and resources to students considering graduate school, including law school and medical school.
Graduate School Resources
The Office of Academic and Career Services has a large number of print resources in the resource library. Complete sets of Peterson’s Guides to Graduate Programs, volumes on specific topics such as getting into law school and information on various standardized tests are available.
Many UMW students choose to attend graduate school after graduation. Sometimes previous experience is required before a graduate program will consider your application. Students who are most happy with their graduate school experience have thoroughly explored their degree program and have a clear idea of how the degree fits into their career plans. Our LinkedIn group has friends and alumni of the University of Mary Washington who are willing to discuss their graduate degree programs and careers.
LAW SCHOOL INFORMATION
- Law School Admissions Council The Law School Admissions Council provides this site which contains information about the LSAT as well as links to member schools.
- 2010 Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools
- Getting into Law School
- LSAT Scores: 2009 Law School Rankings , Score Comparison, understanding your score
- Directory of law-related schools
- LSAT study preparation: Test Prep Review, Kaplan, GP LSAT Prep
MEDICAL SCHOOL AND RELATED FIELDS INFORMATION
- What You Need to Know about Medical School
- Medical School Interview Tips
- Applying to Medical School: When should I apply?
- American Medical College Application Service
- American Association of Dental Schools This site provides information on the Dental School Application Service, American Dental Schools and a page on careers in dentistry.
- American Association of Veterinary Schools
- Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (OAT)
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) 2010-2011
- Guide to Psychology Schools
- Virginia Health Careers Manual
BUSINESS SCHOOL INFORMATION
- GMAT Information
- MBA Admissions
- Mastering Your MBA Application
- What can you do with a MBA?
- GMAT study preparation: Knewton GMAT Prep
Choosing the right Graduate School
- U.S. News and World Report Graduate School Rankings 2009
- College and University Rankings
- Peterson’s Graduate School Guide This site provides an abbreviated version of the print volumes which are housed in the Career Services Library. It does provide the ability to generate lists of schools offering certain programs by a variety of different sorting methods.
- Validate schools accreditation: IES National Center for Education Statistics
- Information about Masters in Education
Applying to Graduate School
- About: Graduate School
- Off toCollege.com
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
- Recommendation Letters/Thank You Letters
- Credential Files
- Princeton Review