How did you choose your major?
Hi! My name is Michelle and I’m one of your Peer Career Consultants for the Center for Career and Professional Development here at UMW. As a freshmen, I have yet to officially declare my major and, to be honest, I’m not yet sure of what I would like it to be!
When I was in middle school I decided I wanted to do something in the medical field. This desire led me to apply to…(click here to continue reading)
2016 GEICO Achievement Award Program
In 2015, GEICO awarded more than $90,000 in Achievement Awards to undergraduate students from across the country! This long-standing GEICO tradition is designed to recognize exceptional college students majoring in business, mathematics, computer science and related fields.
The program requires that applicants:
- Are currently enrolled at a four-year school on a full-time basis
- Possess sophomore or junior status
- Have at least a 3.0 overall GPA
- Are majoring in business, computer science, mathematics or a related program (including economics, MIS, statistics)
- Have demonstrated leadership within their campus and/or community
Visit geico.jobs/achievement where you can learn more about the GEICO Achievement Award Program. Eligible students can apply beginning October 1, 2015 and all application materials must be postmarked by February 15, 2016. Recipients will be announced in the spring semester.